Thursday 29 September 2011

Review: Elf Studio Complexion Brush

Hiya! Next review is the Elf Studio Complexion Brush!

The brush in it's packaging


According to the packaging, this brush can be used with pressed, loose/translucent powders, blush or bronzer. Personally, I don't own loose or translucent powders so I cannot comment on whether this works on that.

Top view of the brush
The bristles of this brush are slightly longer as well as less dense than that of the Powder Brush (review here)- which to me means it's a 'flimsier' brush.

Side view of the brush
The picture above shows that it has a rounded top which helps apply blush well, but not bronzer for me, because I like to apply bronzer to the hollows of my cheeks and this brush doesn't help give that much definition when I use it to apply bronzer.

Because it is flimsy, I don't think it gives that much contol but it does help me apply product quickly if I'm in a hurry and also does not put too much product on the face. It helps me apply pressed powder lightly to my face too.

My final verdict? - I do like this brush because it IS useful but not as much as I like the Powder Brush, unfortunately.

If you're looking for a less sculpted look when applying blush/ bronzer, this brush will work for you; otherwise, I would say the Powder Brush it is! =)

xx Amanda

2 comments:

  1. I have this brush too and I use it to dust loose powder and Studio Tone Correcting Powder from E.L.F. So far so good from me, the brush is very light and soft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like this brush too Serene! I agree- it is light and soft! =)

      Delete

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D