Saturday 17 May 2014

Belgium Trip Day 1 | Brussels!

Hiya dearies!

So I recently went on a short holiday over a weekend right after my crazy hectic month of exams in April. It was a trip I was really looking forward to as I really needed a break and wanted to see more of Europe. Anyhow, I thought I'd share some pictures with you lovelies of my travels to Belgium! I went there for 3 days at the end of April. Went to Brussels, and Bruges. But I'll show you Day One first, which is Brussels! Btw, this is picture-heavy! =D



Pug purse, Eurostar ticket, passport and my little yellow travel 'folder'.


Restaurant we went into for lunch. It's called 'Drug Opera'. Love the interior! We were sat up on the first floor with a nice view of the tables below. Service was lovely- polite, quick and efficient. Prices for food were slightly on the steep end but we looked around after and only found food in that price range so maybe that's normal of tourist-y areas.



Look at the cool-shaped chocolates! A game console?! iPad and iPhone? It was crazy cool!


Town Hall - Grand Place


At the Grand Place!


Beautiful art noveau buildings!


Mannekin Pis!! And he was wearing a costume at that time too - so cute!


Lovely mural on the wall of a building


BANANA ICE CREAM!!! I was so happy when I found this. I.love.banana.ice cream. And it tasted like proper banana ice cream. Not the type where they just put artificial flavouring. It was so good. Raimo's one of the oldest ice cream shops in Paris, and was so glad I found a little shop in Belgium too.


How can we go to Belgium and not have waffles?? Well, I didn't but the boyfriend made sure he had some. This waffle was really delicious. We'd never seen or heard of waffles with chocolate bars stuck inside them but there you go. We tried it and it was scrumptious!


The church of Sainte Catherine



How cool is this?! An escalator to exit the Metro (their Underground/Tube) in the middle of an open space. Wonder what happens when it rains or snows...


Topped up our fluids from Carrefour Express. I like Carrefour. Wish they hadn't pulled out of Malaysia. The boyfriend had the Cherry Cola (which tasted like cough mixture in my opinion) while I had water and the pomegranate green tea - it was so refreshing! I think the pomegranate green tea drink is from a brand called 'Arizona'. I really like their drinks. Found them in Amsterdam and Carrefour in Paris too. Oh, and the Tesco Express near Covent Garden stocks Arizona drinks too!




This was so amusing I coudn't not take a picture of it. What does it mean? Is that a specific spot where dogs can do its business? Or does it mean that this area is a place where dogs actually do its business? I have no idea.



Dinner time. The boyfriend's chicken vole-au-vent which was so very yummy. He couldn't stop raving about how this was the most tender chicken he'd ever tasted. I liked how rich and creamy the sauce was.


My second mussel dish for that day (I had it for lunch as well!) and frites!

And that pretty much sums up my first day in Belgium. I have loads more pictures but just thought I'd try to show snapshots of my first day there. We were also really blessed to have good weather throughout our whole trip (save one occasion where there was a slight drizzle). Brussels is a lovely city. It's bustling, lively yet not too crowded. If only the food wasn't so pricey. Or maybe we just didn't know where to look.

Stay tuned for Day Two of my Belgium trip - next up is Bruges!

xx Amanda

12 comments:

  1. Ohhh Everything looks so nice!
    This is hilarious, but I really wanted to know more about Europe myself. Specially London, Paris and Berlin but Brussels looks really amazing as well! A must visit :3
    Take care*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it and found it funny! =D Europe is a lovely place! I can share pictures of London, if you're interested. I have quite a lot! Brussels was honestly not on my 'to-visit' list but I picked it because I didn't have much time to travel further and am so glad I did because it is a really nice city!

      Delete
  2. Wow it looks like you had a really lovely time! I've never been to Belgium but I'm desperate to go. Hopefully soon the boyfriend and I can book our trip away!

    Vicky xxx
    Lots of Love, Me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we had a really nice time! Hopefully you'll get to go soon - I'm sure you'll love it! =D

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had an amazing time! I am in love with your pug purse, where did you get it from? xx

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca, yeah I did - it was lovely! Aww, thank you! I got it from New Look =)

      Delete
  4. love your trip and extremely jealous you got to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully you'll get to go soon one day! =D

      Delete
  5. This looks amazing! I really want a waffle with chocolate inside it now :o

    Elsa Pell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! You have to try a waffle like that one day - it's awesome!

      Delete

Please do comment, it brightens my day! I appreciate all thoughts and feedback and want to hear from you on what I can improve! Thanks! =D